Saint Mary, Harrington
St Mary's Harrington began life as a daughter church of Our Lady & St Michael around 1872. At that time Harrington was growing rapidly and there was need for a new parish. St Mary's became a parish in its own right in 1884 and the present church was built in 1892. The parish was served first of all by monks from Ampleforth and later monks from Belmont Abbey looked after the parish. In the year 2001 Belmont Abbey handed the parish to the Diocese but Fr Bede Moore OSB served the parish until his death in June 2011. Since then Harrington has been served from Our Lady and St Michael in Workington. Below, are a couple of photos of St Mary's church taken in 2012.
The crib for Christmas